June 4, 2012: John Bowden, Chief Information Officer and Vice President of IT of Lifetime Products
- John’s role in the organization and how he has sought to keep technology leading edge through running a lean and standardized IT department
- How Lifetime Products’ Global IT team employ a “follow the sun” process, and how the team utilizes extensive documentation, tight collaboration, and strong communication to overcome the challenges of this particular type of process
- How certain portions of marketing report to John, combining both creative and technical aspects within IT, which ultimately creates a closer partnership with the business
- Lifetime Product’s practice of limiting IT vendors to create a simple, cost effective, and standardized environment, which facilitates staying on the leading edge of technology and assists innovation
- Eye on Trends: Mobility and business intelligence, and how the business intelligence environment can be extended to mobile devices so that employees can make quicker decisions from wherever they are
John Bowden’s Biography
John is the Chief Information Officer and Vice President of IT for Lifetime Products, the world’s leading manufacturer of blow-molded, polyethylene tables and chairs, headquartered in Clearfield, Utah. He leads a leading edge Global IT environment as well as serves as a key strategic business advisor in reducing total cost of ownership, standardizing on technology, adopting technology to improve mobility & business intelligence, and providing opportunities for employees.
John has won numerous awards, including being named a Top 25 Chief Technology Officer by InfoWorld in 2008 for the ongoing deployment of “Virtual Desktops” throughout Lifetime’s Global IT Network, as well as being named Utah’s CIO of the Year in 2002.