February 10, 2014: Nic Borg, Chief Product Officer and Co-Founder of Edmodo
Among other topics, Nic discusses the following with Metis Strategy:
- The future of technology, and what trends he sees evolving in the online education sector
- Revolution of the distribution model utilized by Edmodo and other virtual education platforms
- The significance of focusing exclusively on a pre-K to grade 12 audience, and the challenges of reaching those of a younger age
- The need for a digital platform in education, and the changes that accompanied the transition from analog to digital
- How Edmodo was designed with the teacher in mind first compared with other online education platforms that were designed primarily from the student’s point of view
- Eye on the trends: The growing importance and power of a global education network
Nic Borg’s Biography
Nic is the co-founder and chief product officer of Edmodo, a private K-12 classroom communication tool that’s drawn 15 million teachers and students together in only four years. On the secure platform teachers and students can collaborate, share content and access educational apps to augment in-class learning. Edmodo’s goal is to create social media tools that help teachers engage students and to make sure every school in the world has access to them.
Before launching Edmodo, Borg worked at Kaneland High School in Maple Park, IL for seven years, building web-based tools and learning management solutions.
He has been named to Forbes prestigious “30 Under 30” list, as an innovative entrepreneur under the age of 30.
Nic has a bachelor’s degree from Northern Illinois University.