September 23, 2010: Rob Webb, Chief Information Officer of Hilton Worldwide
Among other topics, Rob discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy
- How Hilton has worked through dramatic change in the past three years
- The benefits of leveraging strategic sourcing partners in non-competitive areas such as infrastructure
- Hilton’s approach to innovation
- How to balance utilizing economies of scale while allowing different brands to operate independently
- Exciting new technologies for the hospitality industry
Rob Webb’s Biography
Rob is the Chief Information Officer of Hilton Worldwide, a leading global hospitality company with more than 3,500 hotels in 81 countries. In that role, Rob has global responsibility for technology systems strategy, information security, technology infrastructure, and enterprise planning and architecture.
Prior to his time at Hilton, Rob was the CIO of Equifax. He also held a variety of leadership positions at General Electric, including as Managing Director of GE Vendor Financial Services Canada, as well as having the CIO role at GE Commercial Finance, GE Global Consumer Finance, and GE Energy Savings. Rob also spent time as a management consultant at Andersen Consulting and at EDS.
Rob has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Western Ontario, and an MBA from ESCP.