March 20, 2017: Tom Miller, CIO of Anthem
Among other topics, Tom discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- Transferring knowledge and leadership skills across departments and industries
- Operating from a master plan to increase agility and support success
- The importance of customer-centricity both internally and externally
- Digital trends in healthcare
- The creation, design, and staffing of Anthem’s Innovation Studio
- Encouraging innovation and creating value by balancing freedom and a rigorous methodology
- Women in IT and how she has helped improve opportunities for rising women in technology
- Eye on the Trends: The empowered consumer, Cognitive computing, Genomics
Tom Miller’s Biography
Tom is the Chief Information Officer for Anthem, an $85 billion health benefits company, where he is responsible for all enterprise-wide information technology initiatives with the focus on delivering high quality, secure, compliant and cost effective technologies that enhance Anthem’s business capabilities. Tom is leading the technology innovation efforts around Anthem’s push for consumer centricity.
Prior to joining Anthem, Tom served as the senior vice president and chief information officer of Coca-Cola Refreshments, a company formed by the merger of various North American businesses including Coca-Cola Enterprises, Coca-Cola Foodservice, Minute-Maid, Glaceau (Vitamin Water) and Odwalla. His primary focus, leading a team of 1,000 IT professionals, was the integration of all businesses into a single IT platform to drive operating efficiency and provide improved customer service.
Tom has more than thirty years of information technology, management, global initiatives and operations experience.
Tom has bachelor’s degrees from Northwood University in Computer Information Management and Business Management. He earned an Executive MBA from Emory University.