Peter High interviews Brad Stone, Author of The Upstarts: How Uber, Airbnb, and the Killer Companies of the New Silicon Valley Are Changing the World. They discuss the cultures of Airbnb and Uber, influences that continue to shape both companies, the importance of startups having a full, strong executive team to guide their growth, as well as a variety of other topics.
Tag Archives: Innovation
In this interview, Tom Miller, CIO of Anthem, discusses World Class IT Principle One and Principle Four, IT and Business Partnerships. Some of the topics discussed include:
- Transferring knowledge and leadership skills across departments and industries
- Operating from a master plan to increase agility and support success
- The importance of customer-centricity both internally and externally
- Digital trends in healthcare
- The creation, design, and staffing of Anthem’s Innovation Studio
- Encouraging innovation and creating value by balancing freedom and a rigorous methodology
In this interview, Keith Collins, CIO of SAS Institute, discusses World Class IT Principle Two, Infrastructure and World Class IT Principle Four, IT and Business Partnerships. Some of the topics discussed include:
• Orienting IT towards value
• Differentiating IT within a company whose business is technology
• The transformation and evolution taking place in the data analytics space
• Perspectives on the cloud first strategy
• Being “Customer Zero”
• Internal and external security concerns
• Eye on the trends: sensor-enabled IoT; the continued use of data to provide a holistic view in order to improve companies’ forecasts and decision-making
In this interview, Jay Rogers, CEO of Local Motors, discusses World Class IT Principle Four, IT and Business Partnerships, and Principle Five, External Partnerships.
This page is the hub to the ongoing IT Influencers series in Forbes
Peter High discusses innovation and the driving forces in the backgrounds of some of the most influential members in the IT space.
In this interview, Mike Giresi, CIO of Royal Caribbean Cruises, discusses World Class IT Principle One, People, Principle Two, IT Infrastructure, Principle Four, IT and Business Partnerships, and Principle Five, External Partnerships. Some of the topics discussed include:
- Digital Transformation journey at Royal Caribbean
- Importance of Executive sponsorship for IT
- Role of CIO to as an interconnector between Enterprise strategy and IT implementation
- Value of technology from a customer point of view
- IT’s ability to gain customer feedback in a B2C organization
- The needs of Data management and analytics
- Implications of shadow IT
- Bleeding technology trends for IT
- Relevance of cross functional teams to help push innovation within IT forward
Mark Settle, CIO of Okta
Peter High interviews Mark Settle, CIO of Okta. They discuss the importance of setting up talented teams with strong leaders without creating single points of failure; how financial management within IT helps build credibility with various business functions; how IT should build towards non-transactional relationships with business partners to influence collaboration; and how IT helps Okta to build and leverage relationships with CIOs at different companies, as well as a variety of other topics.
Rob Nail, CEO of Singularity University
Peter High interviews Rob Nail, CEO of Singularity University. They discuss the accelerating pace of technology progress, why current frameworks are insufficient for keeping pace with these changes and the need for creative, long-term thinking, how corporations can take advantage of new technologies and shift to an abundance mindset, among a variety of other topics.
Bill Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh
Peter High interviews Bill Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh. They discuss how the City of Pittsburgh forms strategic partnerships with technology leaders, how partnerships between municipal, educational, and private organizations facilitate innovation and growth moving forward, how Pittsburgh has used technology to correct an economic downturn over the last few decades, as well as a variety of other topics.
Maran Nelson, CEO of Clara Labs
Peter High interviews Maran Nelson, Founder and CEO of Clara Labs. They discuss Maran’s background and the companies ambitions, among a variety of other topics.