Five Smart Cybersecurity Moves From Top Security CEOs
There is much that is written about cybersecurity threats to companies. Prominent examples of security breaches like the one that Target announced on December 19, 2013 have led myriad companies to re-evaluate their security posture, and investments in new security processes and technologies have increased in many companies as a result.
The complexity of security threats to individuals has also increased, but no individual cybersecurity issue will receive the headlines that corporate breach will, so one can be lulled into a false sense of security. I sought the counsel of four CEOs of major information security companies to ask them what steps they take personally to secure their information and their computing devices. They offered the following five recommendations.
- Manage your passwords wisely
- Enable remote tracking and wiping capability for your devices
- Do not blindly trust just any network connection
- Distrust incoming email by default
- Pay attention to the apps you download, and keep those you do current