Among other topics, Bill discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- His organization, CenturyLink, and his role within the organization
- His multi-decade tenure at the organization, and how IT’s contribution to the organization has changed over that period of time
- How IT recruits individuals from other parts of the organization, and the rotational program that exists within CenturyLink
- Innovation, the role that IT plays in innovation, and the methods of innovation within the organization
- The on-demand resource model within IT, and the rationale behind the model
- Growth through acquisition, and the role that IT plays in M&A at CenturyLink
- The importance of gaining knowledge of the business, rather than just the technology
- Eye on the Trends: Mobile-first mentality, services approach to architecture, Agile methodologies, and analytics
Bill Bradley’s Biography
Bill is the Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer of CenturyLink, an $18 billion telecommunications company. Bill has been with CenturyLink for over thirty years, and ascended to his current position in 2010.
As Chief Information Officer, Bill is responsible for managing, maintaining, and developing information systems and solutions that support CenturyLink’s customers and employees. He has been with the company during major acquisitions, including Embarq, Qwest Communications, and Savvis – all major players in the telecom and cloud infrastructure industry.
Bill received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from Louisiana Tech University
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More