- Blackstone’s IT strategy, which focuses on the coordination of many small use cases across an extremely broad spectrum versus
- Blackstone’s focus on optimizing their business to ensure that all professionals have a secure and stable set of applications and the tools needed to be as efficient as possible in driving productivity.
- How larger companies have been overtaken by startups by failing to update their legacy technology, and how Blackstone has worked tirelessly to ensure that the innovation-preventing technical debt does not accumulate.
- How the CTO role has evolved, and its current focus on integration solutions.
- Why companies need to embrace and dream ahead with technology, how the CIO and CTO roles vary in difficulty based on the CEO’s approach to innovation, and the difficulty across all companies to find the necessary talent to innovate.
- Sapient’s culture of teamwork and collaboration, his role at Capital IQ focused on what their customers were being delivered, and Blackstone’s long-term view of investing, which originally drew Bill’s interest.
- Google, Microsoft, and Amazon’s innovation in a space that all companies can take advantage of.
- An eye on the trends: The cloud, Machine learning, and Artificial Intelligence [AI]
Bill is the Chief Technology Officer of Blackstone, the alternative asset management and financial services firm with revenues exceeding $7 billion. As CTO, Bill is responsible for working with vendor partners to better understand the business to make better types of investments. Bill is also responsible for advising companies across Blackstone’s portfolio operations group.
Prior to Blackstone, Bill was the Chief Technology Officer at OpenSky. Before OpenSky, Bill served as the Chief Technology Officer at Capital IQ. Bill also worked as an Architect at Sapient.
Bill received his Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a computer science major and a concentration in Finance from the University of Pennsylvania.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More