- An overview of PSAV’s business as well as Cathie’s key focus on stabilizing the IT environment and making technology an enabler for the business rather than a roadblock
- PSAV’s digital transformation, which is focused on the technician experience, business insight through data analytics, and looking to other industries for ideas
- How Cathie encourages her staff to find learning opportunities, such as sending them to spend a day in the field as a technician so they can understand the day-to-day as well as how the business makes money
- Cathie’s experience serving on a board, including her personal path to membership and the lessons she has learned in terms of leadership, such as watching managers deal with the challenge of growing without losing focus on the core vision of the business
- Cathie’s advice to peers looking to join a board, which centered around the importance of showing your interest, exposing yourself to organizations beyond your own, and joining impactful clubs to build your profile
- The state of women in IT, as well as Cathie’s perspective on getting more women involved in IT, including showing young women the benefits of IT, refuting the notion that women cannot be mothers and business leaders, and most importantly, giving women the crucial business experience to grow and develop
- Eye on the Trends: Blockchain, AI, and conversational user interfaces
Cathie is the Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at PSAV, the world’s largest event experiences company. As CIO, Cathie is responsible for ensuring that PSAV has the information solutions to improve effectiveness and efficiency in delivering services to customers.
Before joining PSAV, Cathie was the Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer at the Hub Group. Prior to joining the Hub Group, Cathie held a number of executive IT positions at Motorola, including several divisional Chief Information Officer roles, and, most recently, Corporate Vice President of their Global Solutions and Services Operations. Before Motorola, Cathie was the Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Tellabs. Cathie began her career at AT&T.
Cathie received her Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University and her MBA from the University of Chicago.
Cathie serves on the board of Northwestern Memorial Health Care.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download