Among other topics, Chris discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- His responsibilities as Global Head of Enterprise Data and Technology of State Street Bank
- How his staff has been re-organized as the emphasis on data and technology has taken place
- The digital enterprise, and how he thinks about digital customer experience
- The implementation of Industrial Agile
- How he tracks the value and ROI of investments within the IT department
- Projects that have been innovative within the organization
- How he has managed the portfolio of projects and ensured that IT has become more standardized
- The value of technology and how non-technical people have become more interested in technology
- Security and how he balances the need for security with innovation and risk-taking
- Eye on the Trends: Blockchain (a distributed database based on bitcoin protocol)
Chris Perretta’s Biography
Chris is the Global Head of Enterprise Data and Technology of State Street Corporation, a $10 billion financial services holding company. In that role, Chris is tasked with engendering and fostering the group’s overall technology strategy, whilst aggregating State Street’s data and insights for its global clientele.
Chris has been with State Street since 2007, most recently as the Chief Information Officer. Prior to State Street, Chris held multiple roles with divisions of General Electric. He began his career with Andersen consulting.
Chris received his Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from Johns Hopkins, and his Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from Syracuse University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download