Among other topics, Dan discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- His role in mining the technology shop to induce and facilitate how technology can be leveraged within IT and across the business as a whole
- IT’s unique position and how it enables a broad view of the business, and can thus have an “outside-in” perspective to see where to interject technology and opportunities for integration across the business
- The demarcation between business strategy and IT strategy, and how business strategies should explicitly incorporate and leverage IT
- How a culture of collaboration acts as the foundation for a culture of innovation, and that some degree of process should be applied to innovation
- Eye on Trends: IT teaming with the business to achieve specific results through Centers of Excellence, the consumerization of IT and how it has helped accelerate the advancement of IT, location-based services and how it ties to Big Data, and the use of bio-informatics
Dan Fallon’s Biography
Dan is the Chief Technology Officer at Navistar, Inc., the operating company of Navistar International Corporation, one of the world’s largest truck and engine manufacturers. Dan joined the company in 2008.
As CTO, Dan is responsible for driving innovation and technology capabilities that support Navistar business strategy. This includes simplifying Navistar’s IT environment, integrating core systems and processes, and empowering end users.
Prior to his time at Navistar, Dan spent over 20 years at Andersen Consulting / Accenture as a senior executive in the company’s Technology Services organization working across a variety of industries.
Dan also serves on the boards of Junior Achievement of Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology’s School of Applied Technology, and the Chicago chapter of the Society of Information Managers.
Dan holds Bachelor’s degrees in economics and computer applications from the University of Notre Dame.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More