In this interview, we discuss
- Daphne’s transition from the CIO role to the boardroom advising CIOs
- How the CIO role has dramatically evolved over her career
- Daphne’s advice for CIOs looking to join boards
- Why non-for-profit boards is a good stepping stone for for profit boards
- How CIOS can bring a defensive and offensive mindset to the boardroom
- Daphne’s experience across three different boards
- Daphne’s view on the progress of women in technology
Among a variety of other topics.
This episode is sponsored by Zoho.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More
I believe that a board member has to reflect the community or the customers that the company works with or for or the challenges and opportunities that the company is facing. If you don't meet any of those, it could be a tough road to try to get on a board