Among other topics, David discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- David’s role as Global CIO and Corporate Vice President of Computer Sciences Corporation, and his primary responsibilities of overseeing the overall IT environment, supporting go-to-market initiatives, and overseeing the organization’s global security posture
- CSC’s three-legged approach to governance with CIOs embedded in each business, major geography area, and global function (e.g., finance, HR, legal, etc.) and the effective collaboration between these areas
- The emphasis on creating more standards around processes as opposed to technology, and how global enterprise solutions need to be globally deployable, enterprise scalable, and implemented in a timely manner
- Knowledge management and the mechanisms to spread pockets of best practices including social networking, a portfolio governance board, as well as formal communities
- David’s non-traditional path to becoming a CIO, how he approaches IT from a business perspective first and foremost, and how individuals seeking to work in the management aspect of IT should have experience running portions of the business and have a reasonable understanding of finance
- Eye on the trends: Mobility, and how it enables individuals to be able to do anything, anytime and anywhere; CSC’s bring your own device program; analytics that enable seeing data in large amounts, and how it enables near real-time answers to business queries; and the importance of security in terms of protecting intellectual property so as to maintain a competitive advantage
David McCue’s Biography
David is the Chief Information Officer of Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC). In that role, David directs the global IT staff, and his accomplishments include managing the litigation eDiscovery support practice for CSC’s general counsel, consolidating and re-platforming email infrastructure, and overseeing the overall security posture of the company (cyber, physical, etc.).
Previously, he was CSC Healthcare’s Chief Information and Resource Officer, CSC’s Corporate Vice President for Application Portfolio Management, and American Practice Management’s Chief Information and Resource Officer. Also, David was a Director at Andersen Consulting.
David is a member of the SAP Professional Services Advisory Board and an Adjunct Professor at Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland.
David has a Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Behavior and Industrial Relations from Rider University, and an MBA from the Stern School of Business at NYU.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More