Among other topics, Dennis discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- His role at EA and how IT has moved from being part of the back office to being part of the business at the company
- The digital disruption happening in the media and entertainment industry and EA’s transformation into a direct-to-consumer business
- EA’s approach to mobile gaming, social gaming, and the management of gamer communities
- Risk management and the importance of security within EA
- How the tech savviness of employees throughout EA both raises the respect for IT, as well as the pressure to perform
- The importance of advanced analytics in his company and the industry and the challenges associated with leveraging that capability
- The advantages and disadvantages of EA’s geographical proximity to technology startups in Silicon Valley, yielding benefits (and risks) from early exposure to new technology
- Eye on the trends: Cloud computing, SaaS, virtualization offerings, advanced analytics, collaboration technologies, security and risk management technologies, mobile technologies, the consumerization of IT
Dennis Self’s Biography
Dennis is the CIO of Electronic Arts, where he runs all major facets of the organization’s IT operation. Prior to serving as CIO, Dennis spent time as EA’s IT lead in Europe as well in Asia.
Prior to joining EA, Dennis was a Senior Manager in the Strategy & Operations practice at Deloitte Consulting. He also was a Director at HP, a Manager within the Strategic Information Technology Practice at A.T. Kearney, and a Manager in the Information & Technology Strategy Practice at Andersen Consulting.
Dennis has a BS degree in MIS and an MS degree, also in MIS both from Old Dominion University, and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More