521: Cybersecurity expert Dmitri Alperovitch discusses
- Dmitri’s perspectives on the recent US government hack believed by many to have originated in Russia, including
- Why the hack was not an act of war but instead was traditional espionage
- Why this hack has potential to be 100X as significant as the OPM hack
- Some of the silver linings of the hack
- How organizations can protect themselves from adversaries, including
- Why every organization needs to start with the assumption that an attacker is already inside
- Why trying to build walls around the perimeter of your network is futile
- The importance of planning regularly to defend a cyber attack
- The importance of using a password manager
- Why individuals should be suspicious of emails and not click attachments from unknown people
- Why our government is at its weakest point to be able to respond to this threat
Among a variety of other topics.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More
"Every organization out there needs to start with an assumption that an attacker is already inside."