496: Goldman Sachs Co CIO George Lee and Yum! Brands Chief Digital and Technology Officer Clay Johnson discuss
- Goldman Sachs’ strategic decisions around technology, including how it is building new businesses that are adjacent to its historical core businesses
- How Goldman is building the digital consumer bank of the future, and the transaction banking business it is building
- Clay’s view on the importance of having a fail-fast model, especially in the days of COVID
- The pivot Yum! Brands has made since COVID
- Clay and George’s view on the customer experience, including how
- Customers have come to expect the Amazon experience everywhere
- The importance of the business product and the tech product working together to create a seamless journey for the customer
- How the lines between the business and IT are eroding, including how
- Agile and DevOps are beginning to move into the business
- Why the people capable of leading businesses are oftentimes engineers
Among a variety of other topics.
This episode was recorded live at the 2020 Metis Strategy Digital Symposium.
This episode is sponsored by Zoho and Sykes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Spotify | | More