522: Alexion Pharmaceuticals SVP & CIO George Llado discusses
- The company’s journey from on-premise to the cloud and the benefits that provided
- Alexion’s secret sauce to change management
- The firm’s close relationship with external partners
- Why Alexion invests in smaller companies
- The risk George took on Zoom back in 2016
- The win-win partnership between Alexion and the smaller companies it invests in and works with
- We discuss some of the lessons George has taken from the pandemic
- How the social injustices that came to light this year are not new
- George’s take on new and emerging digital tools
Among a variety of other topics.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More
"Think about a digital twin that is a human, where I have learned everything that they do, every artery, every cell. I build that digital twin, and I run a trial on that twin and get real results. Now, I do not have to use an animal model, and I do not have to get a get a human in there. I may be able to get results much, much faster. I might be able to get to an outcome from phase one through phase three and approval much quicker. The excitement of thinking about how digital could accelerate the trials is just phenomenal."