Among other topics, Greg discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- The great potential for artificial intelligence to positively impact humanity
- Greg’s experience as CTO of stripe, and the transition from high-growth startup to mission driven non-profit
- How Greg thinks about staffing, and how OpenAI’s bold mission and unique structure acts as a magnet for top talent
- How AI may replace more jobs than it creates, the economic disruption it could cause, and the role of government in easing the societal shift
- The risks of AI, and the pressures of AI development versus AI safety
- The role investor-founders Elon Musk and Sam Altman play in OpenAI, and where Greg draws inspiration from
- The trend of open sourcing AI development
Greg Brockman’s Biography
Greg Brockman is the co-founder and CTO at OpenAI, a non-profit artificial intelligence research company that also includes Elon Musk, Sam Altman and other Silicon Valley luminaries as co-founders. OpenAI was founded to ensure that artificial intelligence benefits humanity as a whole.
Prior to OpenAI, Greg was the CTO of Stripe, a FinTech company that builds tools enabling web commerce. Greg was the fourth employee at Stripe, a company that now has a valuation of over $5 billion.
Greg studied mathematics and computer science at Harvard University and computer science at MIT, though he left to work on Stripe before graduating from either institution.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More