- 7-Eleven’s multi-year journey to become a digitally-enabled organization, including Gurmeet’s “full stack transformation” approach which encompasses consumer-facing technology, back-end technology, infrastructure, and the organizational stack
- How digital is a strategic pillar at 7-Eleven, mandated directly by the CEO
- The critical importance of technical talent to 7-Eleven’s future, and Gurmeet’s strategy for attracting top talent – such as highlighting his credibility as a leader and telling a compelling story
- The ways in which Gurmeet is redefining convenience with software, such as the recognition that the closest store to a customer is the phone in their pocket, and 7-Eleven’s use of APIs and new interfaces to create delightful experiences
- The expansion of 7-Eleven’s loyalty program from its initial focus on beverages to as a full-fledged loyalty offering that is available on mobile, web, digital loyalty card, and even chatbot
- 7-Eleven’s approach to experimenting with emerging technologies, including their distinction between technologies that are ready to scale and technologies that are still in the proof of concept phase, a new R&D center, and a CTO function that reports to Gurmeet
Gurmeet is the Senior Vice President, Chief Digital Officer, and Chief Information Officer of 7-Eleven. As Chief Digital and Information Officer, Gurmeet leads 7-Eleven’s full stack digital and technology transformation, and is responsible for digital product management, big data, digital user experience, digital partnerships, digital marketing, digital technology, enterprise technology, and R&D.
Prior to 7-Eleven, Gurmeet was Head of Direct to Consumer Auto Finance at Capital One where he grew the digital consumer tripled the revenue of the business in less than two years. Before Capital One, Gurmeet led product marketing at Intuit as a Director. Before Intuit, Gurmeet was a Managing Director at FedEx. Gurmeet began his career as a consultant with McKinsey & Company.
Gurmeet received a Bachelor of Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, his Masters of Science in Engineering from Texas A&M University, and his PhD in Engineering from Rice University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More