484: Lenovo CISO Jason Ruger discusses:
- How Jason has navigated working with three variations of the same company
- How Lenovo operates as a global firm
- The pandemic’s impact on the company
- How the fact that Lenovo has a major manufacturing operation in Wuhan, China led to early warnings as to the issues that arose related to COVID-19
- How the pandemic has led to a 3x increase in cyber attacks and the methods Jason and his team have undertaken to counteract them
- Jason’s CIO and CISO responsibilities and how he segments his thoughts processes related to each
Among a variety of other topics.
This episode is sponsored by Zoho.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
"I think practicing response is pretty important these days because most cyber attacks follow the same pattern, which is there was an unpatched asset, there was known vulnerability for which we did not patch the asset in time, and a hacker was able to explore it."