Among other topics, Jean discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- Jean’s unusual path to becoming CTO of First New York Securities, as she discusses her background in hotel management, finance, and law
- How Jean’s business background keeps her focused on the business value of technology, and that she ultimately seeks to find technology solutions to business problems
- The necessity of educating users on how to take advantage of technology solutions, and how it is important to speak in business terms as opposed to technology terms
- The process by which Jean transformed the IT organization, which included conducting a baseline assessment, understanding the direction of the business, and prioritizing initiatives accordingly
- Eye on Trends: Cloud computing and how enterprises will need to find a way to integrate all of the different cloud solutions they have.
Jean Hill’s Biography
Jean is the Chief Technology Officer of First New York Securities, a global multi-strategy trading firm. In this role, Jean is responsible for developing and managing the firm’s IT infrastructure.
Jean joined First New York Securities from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York where she was Vice President and Deputy Chief Technology Officer. In previous roles, she was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley and also Director of IT at Merrill Lynch.
Jean has BS in Business from Cornell University and a JD from Fordham University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More