Among other topics, Jim discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- The synergies between Jenny Craig and Curves and the effects of their merger
- His role and how he prepared for his role as an interim CIO
- How he drove progress during his initial time as CIO
- How he ensured that IT was on the same page with business units from a strategic standpoint
- The changes that are reflected in the way IT now does its work
- As CIO he acts as an initial customer to his organization, and how he can lend an empathetic ear to other customers of Microsoft
- Some of the ways that the IT organization is able to work across multiple levels of the organization
- The strategic roadmap for the future at Microsoft (including the ongoing integration with Nokia, as well as the move to a subscription basis for major Microsoft products)
- Advice on how to move from an interim CIO to a full time fit for the position
- Balancing innovation and security with his background as Chief Information Security Officer for Microsoft
- Eye on the Trends: Big Data, Machine learning, BYOD capabilities, Digitization
Jim Dubois’ Biography
Jim is the Corporate Vice President and CIO of Microsoft. In that role, he is responsible for the company’s global security, infrastructure, IT messaging, and business applications. Jim was appointed interim CIO in May 2013, and was appointed to the post full time in January of 2014.
Jim has been with Microsoft since 1993, where he started work in various positions, including international stints in London and Tokyo. His previous positions within Microsoft have included posts as Director of IT Client Services, General Manager of the Service Management Division, Chief Information Security Officer, and Vice President of Microsoft Products and Services (the post he held prior to becoming CIO).
Before joining Microsoft, Jim worked in various positions within Accenture, where he focused on financial aid distribution systems.
Jim received his Bachelor of Science degree in computer science and business from the University of Washington.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More