Among other topics, Jim discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- An Overview of the position of CIO at GE Capital
- The role of IT at GE Capital and the development of a digital strategy
- Jim’s view of how technological innovation should be developed and how it can add value to all the business ventures of GE and their customers
- The importance of setting up IT as the technology arm of the company trough effective development, training, and recruiting programs
- Jim’s approach to problem solving by understanding how and where to leverage technological developments across business units
- How IT should treat data as an asset and have it move through an IT value chain
- The critical role IT plays in keeping a company like GE Capital ahead of the curve
- Eye on the Trends: The Internet of Things and Financial Services Marketplaces
Jim Fowler’s Biography
Jim is the chief information officer of GE Capital. In that role, he is responsible for delivering digital global business processes and is an active participant in driving GE’s commercial digital strategy through GE’s Information Management Council.
Jim was previously the CIO for GE Power & Water, the CIO for GE Power Generation Services and CSA Automation, the CIO for GE Intelligent Platforms, the CIO of Supply Chain at GE Aviation, and the CTO of Architecture and Design with GE Infrastructure. Prior to GE he held roles with NCR and Accenture.
Jim holds a bachelor of science degree in Management Information Systems and Marketing from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, as well as an MBA from Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More