Among other topics, Jim discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- Jim’s priorities for future about leveraging World Class IT to propel Chubb in the competitive arms race
- The collaborative nature of all divisional and corporate CIOs throughout Chubb that collectively lead IT and take ownership of centralized decisions
- How Chubb leverages the consultative Enterprise PMO to continue the consistent delivery of programs with precision
- The way in which Chubb recognizes the strategic value IT can provide in being a stabilizing force during uncertain economic times: managing and reducing costs, while also driving growth
- The importance of becoming business savvy to thrive in the IT department of the future, stabling a level of intimacy with your business partners, and leveraging strategic external partners to yield a whole greater than the sum of its parts
- Eye on the trends: Three major disruptive technologies- portable devices with enhanced functionality and performance to enable the workforce, big data and the potential for analytics to drive critical business decisions, and cloud computing and its ability to facilitate faster market entry
Jim Knight’s Biography
Jim is the Executive Vice President and Global Chief Information Officer for Chubb & Son. Jim provides vision and leadership to maximize the usage of information technology to create and maintain leadership for Chubb worldwide. He has more than 29 years of experience in the delivery and management of information technology mostly in the property and casualty insurance industry. Prior to his time at Chubb, Jim spent time at Home Insurance Company and at Utica National Insurance Group.
Jim serves on the boards of the Society of Information Management (SIM)-International, the SIM New Jersey Chapter Foundation, and the Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development (ACORD).
Jim has a B.A. in computer science from Utica College and a Masters of Management Information Systems from Kennedy-Western University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More