In this interview, we discuss
- The main similarities and differences between an influenza virus and coronavirus
- How COVID-19 impacts older individuals while the 1918 virus largely impacted younger individuals
- How the United States and many European countries seeked to cover up the 1918 virus
- How contracting the 1918 virus clouded Woodrow Wilson’s judgement at the Treaty of Versailles
- The critical importance of honesty and transparency of leadership in the face of this crisis
- The failures of the federal government in its response to COVID-19
Among a variety of other topics.
This episode is sponsored by Zoho.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
"Another huge difference is the duration. The incubation period for the influenza virus was one to four days. Most people get sick at two. The coronavirus is 2 to 14 days. Most people get sick a little over five, you're sick longer, and you shed virus longer."