Among other topics, John discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- How he works with colleagues and customers to develop technology to serve clients and manage investments
- What traits he believes CIOs need in order to be successful given changing technology trends
- The rotational program within Vanguard to move employees between IT and other divisional roles
- IT’s role in championing digital within the organization
- The methods he has used to bring start-up methodologies within a much larger organization
- Talent management, and how he trains and recruits for needed new skills
- The advantage of having IT personnel within other parts of the organization
- The benefits of having IT’s own employees as customers of the organization
- Eye on the Trends: Predictive Analytics, Artificial Intelligence Engines
John Marcante’s Biography
John is the Chief Information Officer of the Vanguard Group, an investment management company based in Malvern, Pennsylvania that manages approximately $3 trillion in assets. As CIO, John oversees all aspects of Vanguard’s worldwide technology agenda to serve clients and manage investments.
John has been with Vanguard since 1993, and has held multiple roles, including Head of Global Technology Operations and Head of Institutional Systems in the IT division.
John earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business and computer science from Penn State University in 1986, and received an M.B.A from Saint Joseph’s University in 1993.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download