Among other topics, Kevin discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- How he thinks about the experience for both the car buyer and the dealership
- His role as CTO and Vice President of Technology
- The way he collaborates with other areas of the organization
- How he gauges success amongst the customers of his organization
- The growth of mobility as a channel and how that has evolved the customer experience
- His strategic planning process
- How he works to understand emerging technology trends
- The move from Waterfall to Agile development
- Common elements from the multiple companies where he has worked within IT departments
- How he has gone about shaping and instilling the culture of the organizations he has worked in
- Eye on the Trends: Mobile, Autonomous vehicles, and the Big Data space
Kevin Steele’s Biography
Kevin is the Chief Technology Officer of Cars.com. In that role, Kevin is responsible for all technology areas, including IT architecture, product development, and leading the strategic technology direction of the organization.
Prior to joining Cars.com, Kevin was the Director of Internet Marketing Technology at Allstate Insurance. He has also held posts in technology at other organizations including Unites Airlines, McDonalds Corp, and CNA Insurance.
Kevin received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Technical Studies from Southern Illinois University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download