Among other topics, Lyn discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- How Lyn’s unusually long tenure as CIO enabled her to develop true partnerships with business colleagues to build and pursue long-term business strategy
- Using analogous industries to articulate the value in pursuing new ideas
- The cultural challenge that she led IT through from an isolated delivery unit to an organization positioned to build trust by speaking the same language as business partners
- How IT is leading Dominion Resource’s exploration of the “Smart Grid” through integrated infrastructure, advanced analytics, and enhanced security
- Dominion Resource’s approach to mergers and acquisitions using a “skeleton blueprint” that allows for making decisions on a case-by-case basis
- Eye on the trends: enabling the mobile user experience, and building a trusting relationship with customers through more proactive and intuitive customer relationship technology
Lyn McDermid’s Biography
Lyn is the Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Dominion Resources. She has held that position since January of 2001, making her an unusually long-tenured CIO.
She joined the energy industry with Virginia Power in 1982, rising to the position of CIO in 1998.
Lyn is the chair of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, chair of the board of trustees of Mary Baldwin College and chair of the board of directors of RichTech, among other boards upon which she serves.
Lyn was named to Computerworld’s list of “Premier 100 IT Leaders for 2004,” won the 2008 Executive Women in Business Achievement Award, and received the 2010 Outstanding Woman Award in the Business category from the YWCA of Richmond.
Lyn received her bachelor’s degree in business from Mary Baldwin College and earned her master’s degree in business administration from the University of Richmond.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More