Among other topics, Mark discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy
- The way in which marketing, data, analytics, and information technology are all related and the need to determine the Return on Marketing Investment from that relationship
- The necessity to focus on data-driven marketing in order to gain visibility into customer preferences, provide hard data to a traditionally “soft” division, and truly expose the ROI of marketing
- The fifteen metrics that he explains will allow the measurement of marketing, including 10 classical metrics and five “new-age” marketing metrics
- The lengthy process that he conducted in determining these metrics, accompanied by excellent case examples of companies that have leveraged data-driven marketing to increase their revenue and strengthen their customer base
- How it is an absolute necessity for Marketing to partner not just with Finance, but also with IT in order to build out capabilities to capture the metrics that will demonstrate an ROI for marketing
- The obstacles that companies face when considering data-driven marketing, and how, due to its relative infrequent use, can become a competitive advantage within an industry
Mark Jeffery’s Biography
Mark is the Director of Technology Initiatives in the Center for Research on Technology and Innovation at the Kellogg School of Management, and he is the Managing Partner of Agile Insights LLC, a marketing and IT consultancy. The focus of this interview is Mark’s new book, Data-Driven Marketing: The 15 Metrics Every Marketer Should Know, which was published in February by Wiley Press.
Mark directs multiple Kellogg executive programs including the CIO/CXO Kellogg Technology Strategy Summit series, and the open enrolment programs Strategic Data-Driven Marketing and Driving Strategic Value from IT. He also teaches the Kellogg executive MBA course Strategic Data-Driven Marketing and has taught custom executive programs at organizations including Microsoft, DuPont, Sony, Nissan, Philips, and the CIA. His consulting practice focuses on enterprise performance management, unlocking business value from marketing and IT, and data-driven marketing strategy and execution.
Mark has a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from Drexel University and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More