Among other topics, Mike discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- Whether Watson was always planned as a business line, and how things evolved within the Watson idea
- The mechanics of Watson, and who is involved with the creation of knowledge for Watson to pull from
- The three service offerings, Watson Discovery Advisor, Watson Analytics, and Watson Explorer
- Some of the common threads across industries that make them ripe for usage of Watson
- Whether there is a traditional functional head who utilizes and procures Watson
- The balance between Artificial Intelligence and the safety needed with Artificial Intelligence
- The divide between those who are leveraging the Watson platform and those who are/will not
- How he sees Watson developing over the next five and ten years
Mike Rhodin’s Biography
Mike Rhodin is the Senior Vice President and the Head of IBM Watson, a technology platform that uses natural language processing and machine learning to reveal insights from large amounts of unstructured data.
Prior to heading IBM Watson, Mike led IBM’s Software Solutions Group, which delivered industry-specific solutions in high-growth areas, including Business Analytics, Smarter Cities, and Social Business.
Mike received his Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of Michigan.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More