Among other topics, Patrick discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- How Patrick’s roles as EVP of Administration and CIO of Amedisys entail a broader set of responsibilities, and thus a more holistic perspective of the organization, which enables the elimination of inefficiencies and departmental silos
- The role of the Business Systems Analyst, and how it blends the traditionally disparate skills commonly found in HR and IT employees
- The importance of focusing on infrastructure when M&A activity calls for combining IT departments, and how this can create a strong foundation upon which to drive integration
- How Amedisys IT emphasizes ROI and making strong business cases for investment in order to become more strategic, and how they team with finance to track the benefits gained from IT investments
- Eye on the trends: Mobile agility and computing as it pertains to enabling clinicians in the field, and collaboration technologies as it relates to supporting the continual care of Amedisys’ patients
Patrick Thompson’s Biography
Patrick is the Executive Vice President of Administration and Chief Information Officer of Amedisys, a $1.5 billion dollar healthcare company that provides home health services to the chronic, co-morbid, aging American population.
Prior to his time at Amedisys, Patrick was the Executive Vice President and Chief Administration Officer of The Shaw Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 engineering, technology, construction, fabrication, nuclear, environmental and industrial services company. He had previously held CIO responsibilities at that company, as well. Prior to his time at the Shaw Group, Patrick served as Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer with Turner Industries, and also spent time as a Managing Director at Accenture.
Patrick has bachelor’s degree in accounting from Louisiana State University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download