Among other topics, Randy discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- The strategic value of his dual role as VP of Global Information Services and Chief Information Officer at Caterpillar
- His focus on understanding the company history and culture, business unit functions, and external partners in preparation of his role as Caterpillar’s new CIO
- Caterpillar’s strategic focus on customer facing IT capabilities and work-force productivity solutions
- Selection of right talent to manage operational and business transformation aspects of IT at Caterpillar
- The importance of starting legacy planning at the beginning
- Eye on trends: The exciting possibilities for manufacturing companies like Caterpillar to move into commercial software, promote supply chain agility, and achieve an IT-enabled integration of a network of independent dealers
Randy Krotowski’s Biography
Randy is VP and CIO of Caterpillar Inc. He has responsibility for Caterpillar’s Global Information Services division, which includes the corporation’s IT systems and global security.
Prior to his time at Caterpillar, Randy worked at Chevron Corporation where he was CIO for Chevron’s worldwide exploration and production business. He was responsible for the company’s global IT strategy and IT operations in 23 countries. During his 29-year tenure with Chevron, Randy held engineering, marketing and IT management positions in the U.S. and Canada. Prior to being named CIO, his career at Chevron included IT positions with responsibilities for Chevron subsidiaries in Canada, Latin America and global strategic planning for Chevron Corporation.
Randy is a native of Toronto, Canada, and he graduated from the University of Toronto with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering. He earned his MBA from Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Spotify | | More