523: Stanley Black & Decker CIO Rhonda Gass discusses
- Why Rhonda formed an enterprise IT organization to consolidate all of IT across the company
- Why Rhonda has aligned IT to the company’s three strategic pillars: financial performance, innovation, and responsibility
- The company’s North Star innovation model, which has the data platform positioned at the core and 4 interconnected platforms
- Ways in which IT’s standardization and modernization helped prepare the company for the pandemic
- The company’s 4 top priorities once the pandemic hit
- Rhonda’s path to a public board
- Her advice to others wishing to do the same
Among a variety of other topics.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More
"It is very important that you have the strong rapport with the leadership of the company you serve on because you want to make sure that you can make a difference and feel comfortable doing so with those board members and not just be a seat at the table and tick a box. If I think about other advice for me, it was network, value your networks. You never know when the opportunity is going to meet with the occasion."