Among other topics, Rob discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- The future of technology, and what certain trends Rob is keen to leverage in the next 3-4 years
- The manner in which the population and skills of the IT department are evolving to meet the new demands of the modern company
- The evolution of Rob’s responsibilities as a CIO within FedEx, and the benefits of having a position dedicated solely to the pursuits of IT advancement and development
- The significance of board level access for CIOs within organizations and the skill sets that such individuals bring to the boards of these upper-level institutions
- Rob’s personal ideology of engagement over complacency in a leadership position within IT
- Eye on the trends: The increasing importance of the connection between physical and digital networks, and the resulting innovations derived from the intersection of these two networks
Rob was named to Fortune magazine’s Executive Dream Team, Rob was also ranked 18th on Fast Company magazine’s “100 Most Creative People in Business” 2010 list. He received Information Week magazine’s Chief of the Year Award in 2000, 2001 and 2005. He is also a seven-time recipient of CIO magazine’s CIO 100 Award and was a charter inductee into the publication’s CIO Hall of Fame.
Rob is a member of the Saks Incorporated and First Horizon National Corporation Boards of Directors.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in computer and information science from the University of Florida and his master’s degree from the University of South Florida.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download