517: Wells Fargo Head of Technology Saul Van Beurden discusses
- The defensive and offensive roles the technology team runs
- The company’s Six S strategy, which stands for skills, secure, stable, scale, speed, and satisfaction
- Wells Fargo’s three pillared innovation strategy
- Saul’s view on quantum computing
- The natural partnership between big banks and Fintechs
- Wells Fargo’s response to the pandemic
- Some of the indelible marks Saul believes will and won’t remain once we return to normal
- Why we need to be careful that we are using AI ethically
- Saul’s lessons for effective cross-cultural communication
Among a variety of other topics.
This episode is sponsored by Sykes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More
"We can do all the other things. We can have the right skills, we can be safe and secure, we can be stable, we can be scalable and speedy, but if the end customer is still not happy with the app and the uptime of the app, or the internal users are still not happy with what we provide, we have failed. Satisfaction is the cornerstone of the strategy for us."