Among other topics, Scott discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- The inspiration behind Wayin, his digital marketing software company
- The disadvantages of locating a company in the San Francisco Bay Area
- The tremendous growth of Wayin and EngageSciences
- The sophistication and evolution of executives who have worked with Wayin’s offering
- How Wayin uses insights and real-time campaign tweaking to change the decisions it makes
- How his work at multiple times of the Internet’s growth will fuel his activities around new trends including cloud, mobile, and social
- The resources he uses to remain abreast of innovation and technology
- The future of the Chief Information Officer role
- Eye on the Trends: Big Data, and the intersection of new and old industries
Scott McNealy’s Biography
Scott McNealy was one of the chief architects of the first wave of the internet, as he co-founded and served as Chief Executive Officer of Sun Microsystems from 1982 through 2006. The company was sold to Oracle in 2010. More recently, Scott co-founded and has served as CEO of Wayin, a social intelligence company that integrates social content into new experiences for consumers and delivers greater value and control for brands.
Scott received his bachelor’s degree in economics from Harvard University and he received an MBA from Stanford University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download