Among other topics, Scott discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- The Artificial General Intelligence differs from Artificial Narrow Intelligence
- How Vicarious is applying cognitive science to build next generation general intelligence algorithms
- How AI may replace more jobs than it creates, and new economic and social constructs that could ease the societal shift
- Vicarious’s decision to prioritize social good over investor returns, and why more companies should do the same
- How Vicarious assembled an all-star group of investors including Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, and more
- Education and if entrepreneurship can be taught in the classroom
- The balance between the promise and peril of AI
- World’s Fair style demonstrations of AI, including the recent AlphaGo win and Vicarious’s 2013 cracking of CAPTCHA
- How Scott thinks about staffing, and how Vicarious’s bold mission acts as a magnet for top talent
Scott Phoenix’s Biography
Scott Phoenix is a co-founder at Vicarious, a high-profile artificial intelligence company focused on solving artificial general intelligence.
Scott founded Vicarious with Dileep George in 2010. Prior to Vicarious, Scott was the Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Founders Fund, and the co-founder and CEO of touchscreen analytics company Frogmetrics (a Y Combinator company). He also served as an executive at OnlySecure and Marching Order. His design work has been featured in 16 magazines and 3 museums, including the Institute for Contemporary Art in Philadelphia.
Scott earned his BAS in Computer Science and Entrepreneurship from the University of Pennsylvania.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More