Among other topics, Susan discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- Susan’s perspectives concerning the potential of the role of the CIO, how it is under transition, and how the future looks really bright
- How technology is too important to leave solely to IT, as it is an enterprise asset and should be treated as such, and how every organization has the IT capability they deserve, and business leaders should actively consider what their aspirations are for IT
- Susan’s book 8 Things We Hate About IT: How to Move Beyond the Frustrations to Form a New Partnership with IT, and how it acts as a tool for CIOs to provide to business leaders, and provides an outside in perspective concerning IT, and presents opportunities to improve partnerships
- How IT leaders need to communicate in business terms, and appropriately express what drives the costs of IT, as well as how IT adds value
- Eye on Trends: How technology will be embedded in services and products, and that major trends such as mobility, cloud, web services, collaboration, analytics, etc. all really lock in together.
Susan Cramm’s Biography
Susan Cramm is an executive coach and president of Valuedance®, an executive coaching and leadership development firm. Over the past 14 years, Susan has coached executives from a number of Fortune 500 companies, including Toyota, Sony, and Whole Foods Markets. She is a frequent speaker, a blogger for the Harvard Business Review, and author of the Harvard Business Press book, 8 Things We Hate about I.T.: How to Move Beyond the Frustrations to form a New Partnership with I.T.
Susan is the former CFO and executive vice president at Chevy’s Mexican Restaurants, where she led the finance, business strategy, restaurant development, franchising, legal, and information technology functions. Prior to Chevy’s, Susan worked with the Taco Bell Corporation and held the positions of CIO and vice president of the Information Technology Group and Senior Director of Financial and Strategic Planning.
Susan received her master’s degree in management from Northwestern University, specializing in finance, marketing and quantitative methods and her BA from the University California, San Diego, summa cum laude, specializing in management and computer science.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More