Among other topics, Tom discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- His organization, Cloudera, where it stands now, and the current priorities at Cloudera
- The path to success for older organizations with large antiquated infrastructures and for Digital-native organizations
- Industries that Cloudera is working with the most
- How Cloudera maintains its competitive advantages
- How he came to be at Cloudera after the founding of the organization
- The way in which he has forged a strong relationship with the founders of the organization
- How the organization thinks about remaining a private company compared to going public
- The team at Cloudera and the methods he uses to build and retain the team
- How he thinks about strategic planning and how the organization continues to pivot
- The relationships that have been built with several MOOCs (Massive Online Open Courses)
- Some industry-specific use cases
Tom Reilly’s Biography
Tom is the Chief Executive Officer of Cloudera, a fast-growing software company that provides Apache Hadoop-based software, support and service, and training to businesses. Tom has been the CEO since July of 2013.
Prior to Cloudera, Tom served as the CEO of ArcSight, an enterprise security company. Tom led the initial public offering of Arcsight and led the company in the subsequent sale to HP. He also served as CEO of Trigo Technologies, a master data management software company, which was later acquired by IBM.
Tom serves on multiple boards, including Jive Software, Ombud Inc, ThreatStream, and Cloudera.
Tom received his Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download