Among other topics, Trevor discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- How he became the first CIO of Micron Technology, and how he prepared to start the role
- How his experience as an IT executive has helped him converse with senior management
- How he organized himself during his first 100 days in the role of CIO
- Some examples of the quick wins and organization changes he made upon joining Micron technology
- Strategic imperatives within IT that he determined early in his tenure
- Measures of success and how he has tracked the success of IT
- How he has worked in companies that have IT as a focal area of the organization during his career path at many major technology brands
- The war for talent within IT companies and how Micron’s university grants have helped benefit the organization to find strong talent within IT
- How he considers the input of younger employees and the experience of more tenured employees
- Eye on the Trends: Data as a strategic asset, machine learning, security
Trevor Schulze’s Biography
Trevor Schulze is the Chief Information Officer of Micron Technology, a global semi-conductor manufacturer based in Boise, Idaho. Trevor is the first ever CIO of the organization, and was appointed to the role in July of this year.
Prior to joining Micron, Trevor served at multiple major technology manufacturers. Most recently, he served as the Corporate Vice President of IT at Broadcom. He has also held posts at AMD and Cisco.
Trevor earned his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Arizona.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More