Among other topics, Vivek discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- His career progression from being the first Chief Information Officer of the US federal government to the EVP of Emerging Markets at Salesforce.com
- How the Obama presidential campaign successfully leveraged Salesforce’s social and mobile technologies to effectively connect with voters and interest groups
- How brand ownership has shifted to the consumers, who are able to connect and self-organize with the onset of social media
- The evolution of the CIO: the CIO of the future is no longer just a manager of servers, hardware, and infrastructure, but is rather a leader of business transformation through the newfound power of technology
- Why IT leaders can and must use technology to invent and reinvent new markets
- Eye on the Trends: With close to 5 billion mobile devices globally, Kundra foresees the ability for users to “instrument the planet.”- how big data algorithms can be used to look at the grievances and recommendations that consumers are sharing, and analyze that data to determine how to better and more personally serve them
Vivek Kundra’s Biography
Vivek is the executive vice president of Emerging Markets at salesforce.com. In that role, Vivek focuses on eight core markets, and is working with the public and private sector alike to implement salesforce.com solutions.
Prior to joining salesforce.com, Vivek served as the first United States chief information officer where he was credited with adopting game-changing cloud computing technologies, strengthening the cybersecurity posture of the nation, and launching an open government movement.
Before his time as U.S. CIO, Vivek served as the chief technology officer for the District of Columbia and as the assistant secretary of commerce and technology for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The World Economic Forum selected Vivek as a 2011 Young Global Leader, representing a group of exceptional young leaders who share a commitment to shaping the global future. He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Vivek holds a M.S. in management information systems from the University of Maryland and is a graduate of the University of Virginia’s Sorensen Institute of Political Leadership.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download