Among other topics, Gary discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- IT’s key role in innovation and data analytics at Express Scripts, and how IT innovated a drug management tool to decrease drug costs by 10-15%
- Gary’s leadership in IT integration with Express Scripts’ recent acquisition, Medco, and how he views the integration as “a chance to change healthcare”
- How Gary consistently aligns IT with business strategy, achieving an annual revenue increase from 17 to 97 billion dollars during his 8-year tenure
- Gary’s policy of treating vendors as partners, and how he engages vendors in the innovation process
- Express Scripts IT’s successful communication and talent development practices
- Eye on Trends: mobile technology, virtualization and the cloud
Gary Wimberly’s Biography
Gary is the senior vice president and chief information officer of Express Scripts, a nearly $100 billion pharmacy benefit management corporation. Gary manages overall IT strategy and performance, specifically focusing on innovative solutions, process improvements, and improving productivity. Gary is also responsible for ensuring the information systems are aligned with business strategies.
Prior to his time at Express Scripts, Gary was the director of logistics systems at Tyco Healthcare , a senior manager with Ernst & Young LLP, and corporate director of information systems at Bairnco.
Gary has a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the University of Missouri, Columbia.