Among other topics, Greg discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- Motorola Solutions, and his role as CIO of the organization
- Items on his roadmap for the year ahead
- How he engages external customers and utilize those insights to create his IT strategy
- The ways in which he interacts with other CIOs at customer organizations
- The processes and skills that have been necessary to shift to a “customer-first” culture within IT
- The methods he used to shift IT from a support organization to becoming a strategic enabler
- How he has worked to insource some previously outsourced business processes
- His career path through the pharmaceutical industry to his eventual hiring at Motorola Solutions
- Eye on the Trends: The Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and the Cloud
Greg Meyers’ Biography
Greg Meyers is the Chief Information Officer of Motorola Solutions, a $6 Billion telecommunications equipment provider that succeeded Motorola Inc. following the spin-off of Motorola’s mobile phone division. As CIO, Greg is responsible for the entire IT organization company-wide.
Prior to Motorola Solutions, Greg worked in multiple technology roles within the pharmaceutical industry, including stints as the Vice President of IT at Biogen, Vice President and CIO of Novartis Consumer Health, and Director of Sales and Customer Technology at Johnson and Johnson.
Greg received his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from Rutgers University – Camden and his MBA from Temple University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More