Among other topics, Nick discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
- His priorities around integrating the business suite of applications across the company
- The four layers of K. Hovnanian’s business suite: master data, best of breed business apps, system integration, and business intelligence
- The importance of framing business colleagues not as “customers”, but rather as partners, in order to stress that IT be seen as peers
- K. Hovnanian’s use of technology to enhance the customer experience through the implementation of a buyer’s portal and electronic payment process
- The company’s approach to dynamically solicit customer feedback
- His team’s approach to talent management, focusing on: performance objectives, conducting a skill inventory, standardizing job descriptions, providing comprehensive training classes, and encouraging job rotations and career development
- Eye on the trends: mobile computing enabling the workforce on the go, enabling enterprise systems and BI for the smart phone, and taking advantage of competition in the cloud computing market to reap cost savings
Nick Colisto’s Biography
Nicholas Colisto to the broadcast, Nick is the Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc., a large residential homebuilder.
Prior to joining Hovnanian, he held key information technology leadership positions at large organizations including Pepsi-Cola, Priceline.com, Hyperion Solutions, Boehringer-Ingelheim, and Bayer Corporation (formerly Sterling Winthrop).
Nick is active in many CIO networks and educational forums. He is also the recipient of many industry awards, including the 2010 CIO 100 by IDG’s CIO Magazine, the 2009 InfoWorld 100, and the 2009 and 2010 InformationWeek 500.
Nick has a B.B.A in management information systems and a M.S. in information systems from Pace University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | | More