Metis Strategy is a management and strategy consulting firm situated at the intersection of business, technology, and innovation. We are trusted advisers to Fortune 500 technology leaders (Chief Information Officers, Chief Digital Officers, etc.), helping them meet their most critical business objectives. With headquarters in the Washington, D.C. area and offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Dallas, Texas, we serve clients throughout the United States and abroad.
We are looking for a creative, ambitious, and entrepreneurial Research Associate to join Metis Strategy’s Research, Media, and Executive Networks team. This person will help craft and execute Metis Strategy’s research agenda and will be the primary creator of short- and long-term research deliverables across a variety of formats. This person may also support other Metis Strategy’s media and research activities such as article writing, content calendar management, and event coordination.
Role & Responsibilities
We are an ambitious and growing team, and each of us wears many hats. That said, your primary responsibilities will include:
Develop research deliverables for a Fortune 500 C-suite audience
- Deliver short- and long-term research assignments for technology executives across a variety of media formats, including one-pagers, whitepapers, and PowerPoint presentations
- Synthesize notes and research into actionable insights for our network of technology leaders
- Along with the co-Head of Research, Media, and Executive Networks, develop a content calendar that drives publication decisions throughout the year
- Maintain that content calendar, ensuring key deadlines are met
- Curate content for a weekly email delivered to Fortune 500 technology leaders
- With other members of the team, work to mature Metis Strategy’s knowledge management capabilities to ensure we can deliver timely and relevant research to our clients
Generate content to grow Metis Strategy’s media, marketing, and events portfolio
- Enhance Metis Strategy’s expanding portfolio of external media activities, including podcasts, videos, blogs, and events (both virtual and in-person)
- Oversee content on the article section of article section of Metis Strategy’s’s website
- Develop content for Metis Strategy’s stable of live and virtual events. Duties may include developing panel topics and descriptions and creating articles and blog posts at the conclusion of each event
- Work with the Research and Media team to implement content marketing best practices
- Oversee the development of Metis Strategy’s monthly email newsletter, focused on the latest developments in digital business and technology leadership
- Brainstorm ways for Metis Strategy content to reach new audiences in new formats, with a focus on delivering new and surprising value to both existing and potential clients
Collaborate with consulting colleagues to deliver new and surprising insights
- Work with colleagues across Metis Strategy to define high-impact research ideas and case studies that consultants may use in their work with clients
- Leverage internal Metis Strategy content (internal consulting work, podcasts, etc.) to develop case studies and articles that support the firm’s areas of strategic growth
Other tasks across Research, Media, and Executive Networks as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-4 years of post-undergraduate experience in media, journalism, research, communications, or business
- Bachelors’ Degree in business, journalism, communications, technology, or related fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to write and edit succinct and engaging copy across a variety of formats
- Proven ability to develop content across media formats such as white papers, blog posts, and PowerPoint presentations
- Highly organized, dedicated, and passionate with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an outcome-oriented approach and a bias for action
- Energetic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- High intellectual curiosity in the pursuit of professional and personal development
- Integrity and professionalism, with the ability to exercise judgement and maintain confidentiality
- Team player with a willingness to learn from others
- Familiarity with and interest in business, technology, and innovation
What Metis Strategy Has to Offer
Successful candidates will be motivated by the desire to make a difference for our clients by producing and promoting high-quality, engaging research and thought leadership, as well as a desire to strategically leverage our diverse media ecosystem to drive business growth and competitive differentiation.
Compensation and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications and relevant work experience. Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is preferred.
In addition to your individual compensation and professional growth, we offer the unique opportunity to help grow the intellectual, functional, economic, and geographic footprint of a thriving technology and business advisory firm. We not only support but expect all members of the team to identify new growth opportunities and pursue novel approaches to realize them in a way that benefits Metis Strategy and its client and partner ecosystem.