Responsibilities of a Senior Associate
- At its core, everything we do is oriented around helping our clients succeed in accomplishing their strategic management objectives. As a consultant on our team, you will help analyze organizations’ current capabilities, evaluate opportunities for improvement, and partner with clients to develop and implement a roadmap to achieve their desired future state vision.
- Specifically, you will use the firm’s analytical frameworks and methodologies (STAR, World Class IT, the Digital Maturity Assessment, and others) on various aspects of client assignments, working closely with other members of the firm to unpack complex situations and develop recommendations that make a lasting impact on the success of our clients’ businesses. Senior Associates will be responsible for leading small projects or major workstreams as a part of a larger engagements. This will include managing relationships with senior clients and leading junior staff through key activities including, but not limited to, idea generation, formulation of hypotheses, primary & secondary research, data collection and synthesis, researching company and industry trends, analysis and modeling, developing client presentations and reports, and communicating recommendations to clients.
Qualifications and Expectations
- 4-6 years of post-undergraduate experience working with teams in a professional services strategy and management consulting environment
- Bachelors’ Degree in the areas of business, finance, technology, or related fields
- Graduate degree is not required, but considered a plus if in a relevant field
- Strong ability to navigate ambiguity and untangle complex scenarios involving disparate data sources
- Experience managing small projects or project workstreams, with responsibility for up to 3 junior staff, in a fast-paced professional services environment
- Proven ability to create and manage structured work plans to meet client expectations and guide project team execution
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage and synthesis large amounts of data
- Strong capacity to manage client relationships and communicate complex business topics to senior level business and technology client executives
- Business and technology acumen, with concrete examples of having helped companies solve complex business problems using a combination of people, process and technology solutions
- Mastery of spreadsheet and presentation applications, such as MS-PowerPoint and MS-Excel.
- Additional capabilities with data analysis tools such as Tableau, visualization tools such as MS-Visio, and other productivity tools are a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an outcome- oriented approach to business and a bias for action
- Energetic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- High intellectual curiosity in the pursuit of professional and personal development
- Integrity & professionalism, with the ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Relationship driven, with a proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with clients
- Team player and a willingness to learn from others
What Metis Strategy has to Offer
- Successful candidates will be motivated by the desire to make a difference by helping our clients achieve and maintain strategic and operational excellence while continuously improving their own skill set and embracing emerging intellectual challenges.
- Compensation and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with each individual candidate’s qualifications and relevant work experience. Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is preferred.
- In addition to individual compensation and individual professional growth, we offer the unique opportunity to help grow the intellectual, functional, economic, and geographic footprint of a thriving technology and business advisory firm. We not only support but expect all members of the team to identify new growth opportunities and pursue novel approaches to realize them in a way that benefits Metis Strategy and its client and partner ecosystem.
- If you are driven by the desire to help some of the world’s most renowned companies solve complex business problems and excited by the intersection of business strategy and technological innovation, you will enjoy being part of our team.